03 November 2017

C is for Coal... as in Rolling Coal #NaNoWriMo2017

Today I got to write about my poor heroine nearly getting run down by a pick-up truck "rolling coal." Turns out that's a new game conservative youngsters like to play. They call it Prius Repellant. My main character happens to drive a Prius, being a long-time ecology-minded liberal. Here's pretty much what barrelled her way and had her swerving into a ditch.


Unfortunately, the driver was Tyler King, son of the hero, and her very new love interest. They haven't had their first date, and already there are family problems!

You can read more about coal-rolling here.

Better yet, get as pissed off as my main character(s) by watching this video. This just makes my blood boil!




It was a good writing day for me. 3,827 words for a running total of 10,004. How did you do? Did you write any irritating or upsetting scenes? Are they hard to write, or do they get your creativity going? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...