02 January 2011

Another New Day

A friend just shared this and I want to keep it as a reminder:


This is the day you grow another year wiser.

This is the day you forget what you know to be impossible. . . .

Sweep your grudges out,

scatter them to nothing.

Scrub your wishes pure,
Wash your heart clear.

Open your windows wide,
Let the new year begin.

from a poem By Janet S. Wong

This morning was bright and sunny - and much warmer. That's always a nice way to start the day. I uploaded photos from the digi and was astounded at the progress of the '71 VW Beetle which is my Birthday and Christmas present. As soon as the snow melts, I'll get to break in the new engine. Makes my heart go pitter-patter! Look at that beauty - Poppy is her name and efficiency is her game!


Here are the paper-whites for my birthday. Hubbs always gets me some sort of flower and these are a special favorite in winter. They did exceptionally well and grew to blooms in only a few weeks - I think the key to forcing bulbs is to keep a good portion of the bulb above soil, and then well-watered. Couldn't have been lovelier! I just wish they lasted as long as orchids. They're so ephemeral. But maybe that's what makes them even more special.



A hand-delivered gift basket from my siblings.Those crazy brothers of mine drove all the way out here to deliver this basket of goodies that my baby sister put together for us. They didn't ring the doorbell and we had no idea who left it when we opened the door on Christmas Eve. Crazy guys - I suspect having four hours to yack and cut-up without anyone else around was half the fun. Thanks kids!

Way too much fun with hubbs on Christmas Eve! Have some more eggnog!





More parts for the Beetle - be still my restless heart - and a year's worth of tune-ups from my live-in mechanic. Gotta love a man who can do just about everything, and I'm not exaggerating!


And finally on New Year's, the lovely bottle of Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé champagne (straight out of a snowbank and crispy cold) sent by the chief executive pickle at Little Pickle Press. It paired marvelously with the Shrimp Jambalaya, and its dry, herby tones ensured NO headache from too much of the bubbly. Lovely!

I'm definitely starting the new year off on the right foot! Such wonderful memories.


Temp: 40/-1

Finished: Monday blog posts

Started: Prep for the first Book-in-a-Week of the year which starts at 8AM tomorrow

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...