01 November 2017

A is for Aging #NaNoWriMo2017

I'm taking a bit of a risk for National Novel Writing Month - writing a romance with two characters who are around sixty. Ewww. Who wants to read about that? Well. Maybe all the older people who still buy books?

Let me offer some clues about us:
  • First of all, some people age fairly well.
  • Second, we don't get tired of sex as we grow older.
  • Next, we could maybe teach young people a trick or two. based on experience.
  • At least you'll learn what's in store for YOU if you live right.
I cranked out almost 3,000 words today, with a workable prologue and a first chapter. I've also outlined my next two chapters, so am ready to write first thing tomorrow morning. Yay, me!

Oh, and I got some pictures from Pinterest of a few characters for inspiration. First the old people. 

Meet Ellena Rose Gordon, feminist and artist:


Photo credit: Valerie Ramsey modelwirenetwork.com

Jackson King, rancher and third-generation conservative:


Do you detect some conflicts with these lovebirds? We'll see where they take us in the next chapters of The Lonely Rancher.


Are we buddies over at the NaNoWriMo site? You can connect with me here

1 comment:

Patricia Stoltey said...

My 75 year old cousin lost his wife a few years ago, and eventually he decided to get out and have some fun. He signed up for ballroom dance lessons, met a lovely woman who had cared for her husband many years before he died, and they became dance partners. And this year they got married. I think it's a wonderful story, and your novel-in-progress for NaNo sounds wonderful too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...