02 April 2016

B is for Brownies


4/2/2016 I lost this recipe right after copying it a few years ago, and am thrilled to find it again!


4/3/2013 Because who doesn't love them? This easy peasy recipe crept into my kitchen via Pinterest:



EASY BROWNIES from Pampered Cooking with Rachael. Never buy boxed brownie mix again. Follow the recipe below and make brownies for approximately $.30 a mix. So simple, so easy. Not just frugal but cuts out the unknown ingredients.

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder

At Baking Time Add:

2 Eggs
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil ( I used coconut oil)
1 tsp. Vanilla

Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Store premade mix in plastic bags or mason jars.

What about you? Have you found any really great recipes on Pinterest lately? Do you include food and recipes in your writing? I find I always like people more if they enjoy food - cooking and eating it - as much as I do. Not just characters in books, but real people too.

8 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That sounds like a great recipe to try. We like to bake here as well and are trying to get back to food that doesn't contain all the additives, preservatives, and chemicals.

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Dani. We make lots of brownies for our concessions for our shows and I bet this would be a real economical way to make several batches.

Betty Alark said...

Betty enjoys food! It is one of the most enjoyable spices of life!

Thanks for the recipe! Betty is a vegetarian; always interested in new ideas for dishes!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Nancy Jardine Author said...

I was about to bake and I think it just might be your recipe that I use! Thank you. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Rowena said...

They sound yummy, I may have to try and make some later today. Good luck with the A-Z challenge!

Elise Fallson said...

I love brownies! I don't have a Pinterest account and I think that's best or I fear I'd spend all my time on there, lol!

Margery Scott said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love recipes that I can store pre-made and just add the liquid. I'm addicted to Pinterest, so I try to limit my time there.

Patricia Stoltey said...

I seem to be seeing good brownie recipes everywhere these days -- even found one in our supermarket's publication that was made with black beans. Perhaps I'm pulling recipes to be because I have a hunger for brownies...or perhaps it's a sign I "need" brownies to make me feel good? (Whatever works, right? -- I'm going to make a pan of brownies!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...