18 March 2011

Happy Weekend

We just got back home from an out-of-town installation, so I'm taking the weekend off from computer work. See you in the garden, where we'll be planting peas and potatoes.


My poppies are just starting to show a bit of green. Here you see two varieties from two years ago - Oriental poppies are red, and just behind them, breadseed poppies in purple. The breadseed poppies didn't come back last year despite vigorous seeding, so we'll see what happens this year. Probably just my guardian angel looking out for my well-being. Some of you will know whereof I babble.

Lovely, sunny day today although the breeze was a bit crisp. Mick got the potting bench set up in the pump house, so we'll be starting seedlings all weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...